There are certain things only an artist will understand. Here are a few I’ve thought of.
1. “Can you draw me?” I typically answer with a price list and that scares them off.
2. “How long have you been drawing?” Is there really any answer other than “as long as I can remember?”
3. You want to draw any time other than when you’re at the drawing desk.
4. Feeling guilty for not drawing for a while.
5. Getting angry at your hand for not drawing what you told it to.
6. Getting pissed off at people who call something that you’d consider a masterpiece “just a quick sketch.”
7. When no one notices a piece you poured heart and soul into and everyone loves the 5 minute scribbling you can’t even remember making.